Monday, February 8, 2010

My New Winery

Many of you have been asking me when I was planning to start my own winery. Well, the answer is, now. I've planted some vines in that wetland behind my house, and they are producing.

Naturally, I wanted to put my name on the label, along with something about my love of earth tones, so welcome to Mead e Ochre wines.

I haven't quite got the proper vines for the varietals, so according to the rules, I can't use the exact names, even those these wines are close. So, I've altered the names slightly, but you'll know what they are.

My selection of whites include Pinot Greasyo, Chard O' nay and Sauvignon Blah. My reds are Merloath, Zinfindull, Crapernet Sauvignon and Pinot Bore. What these wines lack in flavor they more than make up for in alcohol content and bargain prices.

And there is no need to buy a five buck wine glass in order to slosh my wines about in order to smell them. There is no bouquet of currents with a slight overtone of blackberries. This is wine, for heaven sake, it smells like fermented grapes.

And, you also don't need that fancy glass in order to drink it. My wines were meant to be consumed the way you did it in college. Simply unscrew the cap, place the bottle to your lips, throw back your head and chug.

Watch for them soon in a dollar store near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment