Saturday, April 16, 2011

The end of the world, again!

Planet X, 2012 (Mayan calendar) and strange, spooky thing that will cause the end of the world (as we know it). If you are bored, gullible, obsessed with the "end time" and get your kicks out of being in fear for your life, you're in luck.  YowRadio.com is apparently your one stop shopping location for all this mumbo jumbo.

A friend send me the link to this, telling me how I should check it out. I really think he believes all that, but then the sky is not the same color in his world as it is in mine.

There are a few things I find fascinating about stuff like this. One is that if something is really obscure or the product of some ancient writing or ritual, it is taken as more valid than everything modern science can offer up. Another thing is that there are always experts who write or go on the radio to promote this stuff. Often they have some quasi legitimate credentials. The most amazing thing is that if it has to do with the end of the world, people just love to believe. All the times the world was supposed to end would fill a book, and it fact it did. I read such a book, but it's gotten away from me, likely taken up by aliens in space ships or loaned to an absent minded friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment