Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Last word on fallen actor, Sheen

I inadvertently started a debate when I commented on all the hype about the activities of a TV actor, Charlie Sheen, whose program, I would guess, was probably mediocre. I was told yesterday that he'd been fired by whoever way paying him, station, sponsor, whatever. That should be the end of it, but I'm afraid it's only the beginning.

At some point he will likely go into some rehab program for whatever addiction issues prompted his firing. After that, he'll have someone ghost write a book about his experiences, which will be picked up and discussed endlessly by celebrity voyeurs, which will serve to distract them from the serious issues of the day. This attention will reanimate his career, make him a big star and prove, at least in America, that vacuous still rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment